Are You Going to Heaven?
Heaven is a literal place. Our Lord referred to this place in John 14:2-3 when He said He would go away and would come again and that He was preparing “a place” for His disciples. Do you believe that you will go to heaven when you die? Why do you believe it? Choose one of the following answers below:
- I’ve tried to keep the 10 Commandments. James 2:10 “For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it.”
- I go to church. Titus 3:5 “He saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of His mercy.”
- I believe in God. James 2:19 “You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that and shudder.”
- I’m basically a good person. Romans 3:12 “There is no one who does good, not even one.” Romans 3:23 “All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.”
As you can see, none of the above answers can get you into heaven. So, what’s the solution? John 3:16-17 says, “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believed in Him should not perish, but have eternal life. God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world but that the world should be saved through Him.” Jesus is the key that unlocks heaven!
- Admit to God you are not good enough.
- Ask God to forgive you of your sins. Sin is wrong thinking, wrong speech and wrong actions. Are you guilty of any one of the three? If so, you need forgiveness from God.
- Tell God you receive His Son, Jesus Christ. John 1:12 says, “But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name.”